Tuesday 20 October 2009

I'm an online lottery millionaire!!!! :-)

The Internet abounds with scams of all sorts. Who of you have never received an Email from a poor sod who died tragically somewhere in Equatorial Africa and left behind unbelievable sums of money?

I don't know about you, but I used to have the habit of replying to these Emails and starting a whole conversation - always pretending to be highly interested - and see where that would take me. Obviously, the person on the on the other side of the Internet line is trying to suck as much information out of you, and money, so that, if all your money, at least enough to pay the one-dollar-a-day salary the unfortunate scam-worker receives.

What a waste of good English! (yes, because usually these Emails are written in beautifully crafted texts which would Shakespeare to shame.)

Anyway, this week I received the following Email from an Online lottery scheme (scam, better said):

EURO MILLIONES S.L.
Area Anardi, 155, 28090
Madrid. Spain


REF No: ES5687SPL876S
TICKET No: 20511465463-7644
BATCH No: SPYU6868

You have just been awarded the sum of 950,000,00 Euros Only which
was won by your E-MAIL Address in our EUROMILLIONES de la Primitiva Lottery
Promotions here in spain madrid. Do get back to our agent with your
requirement via

(National lottery agent)
Name: Mr. Carlos manuel

Well, according to Mr. Manuel I have to provide him with all my relevant and mostly private information so that I can claim my fortune... Oh Gosh!!!

Does the name "Euromillones" ring a bell? It should as it pretty my sounds like the famous, and respectable Euro Millions, the famous lottery for the European countries.

So guys, beware and don't be fooled! If you have any doubts, don't take any action before you visit the Site Scam Watch. There you will be able to find loads of information about Internet scams, big and small.

No comments:

Post a Comment